Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
Brian and Jack welcome Superior Spider-Talk’s Jaleh Najafali back to the show to discuss the long awaited debut of the Gwenom arc in Spider-Gwen #25!
- 0:00 – Intro – Welcome back, Jaleh!
- 2:50 – Spider-Gwen #25 – This long awaited issue skillfully balances darkness and light and delivers a fresh take on Venom. Marvel Legacy and using four recaps in one issue (no matter how great they are, cover songs rarely outshine the original). Dizzying fight sequence and Frank steals Gwen’s moment. Is anyone not crushing on Matt Murderdock? Quiet heartbreak and the power of color.
- 24:36 – Our three-word summaries of this issue.
- 26:06 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know! And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Marvel Legacy Primer Pages (free!), including Spider-Gwen by Robbie Thompson and Mark Bagley
- Spider-Woman by Dennis Hopeless
- Edge of Venomverse and Venomverse
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
- The Enforcers
- Rico Renzi’s original “ruined” Gwenom-ized cover of Spider-Gwen #1
- Edge of Spider-Verse #2: “Previously on Spider-Woman”
Also check out:
- Jaleh at Superior Spider-Talk and on Twitter and Instagram
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our “Mary Janes” opening theme by Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Our “Gwenom” opening theme – Discipline by Nine Inch Nails (released under Creative Commons)
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!