Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, it seems to be darkest before the dawn as Brian and Jack take a closer look at the harsh and risky penultimate chapter of the saga in Spider-Gwen #33.
- 0:00 – Intro; Catching up with recent Miles and Gwen-related news. What the movie could mean for other Spider-Heroes. New stuff to pick up and new titles on the way from the creative team!
- 15:17 – Spider-Gwen #33 – Harsh, relentless, brutal (thank goodness for the lighter bookends). A powerful cover sets the tone for the darkest chapter yet. Navigating transitions and figuring out Gwen’s plan. Speculating on how this could all end (we have no idea).
- 41:40 – Our three word summaries of the issue (and a surprising match!)
- 42:33 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue (and the trailer)? Let us know! And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- The TRAILER!!!!
- Reviews for Spider-Gwen #33
- Robbi Rodriguez relaunches DC Vertigo with Goddess Mode!
- Coming soon in Spider-Geddon: Spider-Ben!
- Miles in Venom #3 by Cates and Stegman
- Venom by Cullen Bunn
- Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus
- A Silk movie?
- How big are those pythons?
- Dancing on the Ceiling
- Suicide Squad
- Join the Amazing Spider-Slack! From our friends at the Amazing Spider-Talk podcast!
- Brian visits the Untold Talks of Spider-Man podcast
Also check out:
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: The Super 8-Bit Power Hour; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our “Mary Janes” style theme by Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!