(Recorded April 3, 2017)
We’re still in a bit of a daze, but yes, Brian and Kyle got to talk with BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS all about the world of Miles Morales!
This episode was so much fun to record, and we went deep into the themes explored within the series. We get into Miles’ motivations as Spider-Man in a world where Peter Parker still exists, and talk about how real life experiences with race, parenting, and family influence Miles’ story. We learn about the origin of Ganke and hear Bendis’ reaction to seeing *that* character in the Spider-Man Homecoming trailer. We learn about the creative process behind the Spider-Gwen crossover, talk about the new artists coming on board, and get some tantalizing hints about Miles’ future, including news about the first crossover-free year for the book in a long time!
This was a great and truly in-depth conversation with a talented creator and a genuinely good dude – we hope that you enjoy it!
Stuff that we’d mentioned in this episode (yeah, there’s a lot!):
- Miles in the movies!
- Jason Reynolds
- Kelly Ripa
- Jim Henson’s A Tale of Sand (art by Ramón Perez)
- Marco Rudy
- Words For Pictures
- Justin Ponsor
- Nico Leon
- Syzmon Kudranski’s debut on Spider-Man #15
- Paul Gulacy
- Bernie Wrightson
- Iceman Comes Out
- Netflix’s Master of None
- NBC’s The More You Know
- The Defenders
- Riri Williams – Invincible Iron Man
- George Takei
- That’s Totally Not Ganke in the Spider-Man Homecoming trailer
- Fantastic 4
- Secret Empire
- Miles meets Spider-Gwen in Kissing in a Tree
- Jessica Jones
- The Bendis Tapes at Word Balloon
- American Library Association: The Social Role of the Library
You can find Brian at:
HUGE THANKS to Brian for taking the time out of his busy schedule to chat with us!
Brian and Adam met Brian at Special Edition NYC 2015
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thanks for listening! We’d love to hear from you! Send us your comments at email@example.com!