(Recorded April 9, 2016)
A very different kind of battle for our hero as Spider-Man is grounded! Kyle, Brian and Jack dig into the fantastic character moments for Miles (and Ms. Marvel!) in the fantastic Spider-Man #3! Plus there’s still time to enter our variant cover giveaway contest!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:02 – Kyle’s dramatic return (complete with WWE-style entrance)
- 2:02 – Spider-Man #3: Basic recap
- 3:09 – Miles vs. his grandmother: Navigating family dynamics; Why Miles and Kamala are a perfect combination (on a few levels); The Black Cat is ready for her close-up; Incredible art and the power of silent panels; More meta-commentary; Don’t mock the Shocker!
- 29:15 – Contest Reminder!
- 30:41 – Coming up; Contact info (and some BvS PTSD); Outro
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Brian’s review of Spider-Man #3 at Superior Spider-Talk
- Our recent interview with Radioactive Spider-Gwen co-creator Robbi Rodriguez
- Our discussion of Miles Morales #8 (Jefferson flashback issue)
- Superior Foes of Spider-Man reviews and interviews at Superior Spider-Talk
Also check out:
- Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast
- Kyle’s site: Nerds Unchained. Interested in writing for the site? Just let Kyle know!
- Our opening theme: Circles of Black and Red by Kevin D. Hartnell
- Our recap music courtesy of Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you send us an mp3, we’ll feature it in the show!