(Recorded March 8, 2015)
A special “point one” episode where we get to hang out with the one and only DAVID MARQUEZ, the artist who brings Miles Morales to life! We learn about David’s early influences, how he landed the Ultimate Spider-Man gig, his growth as an artist through the series, and talk about his first creator-owned project, The Joyners In 3D! We also get his take on Miles in the movies and hints about what’s in store for him as Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man gets ready to wrap up in April.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:38 – Discovering comics, early influences, and getting The Gig
- 11:08 – David’s process, and collaborating with his writer and colorist
- 21:43 – Miles Morales‘ cinematic style, thematic covers, the Jefferson flashback issues, and growing as an artist
- 44:21 – Life beyond Miles: The Joyners in 3D, wish list characters and creators, Detectives Marquez and Bendis
- 54:25 – Miles in the MCU?
- 1:01:06 – Outro
You can keep up with David at:
And also be sure to check out The Joyners In 3D from Archaia!
HUGE THANKS to David for making the time to chat with us!
If you can, please take a moment to leave us a review!
Thanks for listening! If you like what you’re hearing, please spread the word!