Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian welcomes back The Marvel Report’s Breeze Riley to discuss the Gwenom arc’s themes of love and loneliness in Spider-Gwen #26!
- 0:00 – A brief but important PSA.
- 1:31 – Intro
- 5:14 – Spider-Gwen #26 – A surprising turn from a villain is the heart of a raw and moving story about facing your fears. The crushing weight of loneliness and not being able to see those who want to help. Power and Responsibility as a burden – helping everyone else at your own expense. Strong acting and the beautiful use of black. Musing on the potential future spinoffs.
- 23:34 – Our three word summaries of the issue.
- 24:22 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know! And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Breeze’s review of Spider-Gwen #26 at The Marvel Report
- Reviews for Spider-Gwen #26
- Avengers Infinity War trailer (no, you can’t see this too many times!)
- Runaways on Hulu (and Breeze’s recaps for TMR)
- Editorial shenanigans
- Lady Gaga
- Mr. Robot
- Our interview with Jason Latour
Also check out:
- @Breeze Riley
- The Marvel Report
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org!