(Recorded January 14, 2017)
(Cover and variants! Clockwise: Sara Pichelli; Bob McLeod; David Marquez; Richard Isanove)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Kyle, Jack, and Brian kick off the new year with a look at the crossover that was practically made for our show, as Miles meets Gwen (ahem) in Spider-Man #12!
- 0:00 – Intro: Never saw this coming in a million years!
- 2:55 – Spider-Man #12 – How does it go from Jefferson is missing to Miles making out with Gwen? Starting the new year with strongest issue in some time. A crossover handled with care: Artists having fun and a promising setup for a meaningful story.
- 20:28 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Man #12.
- 21:22 – Outro. What did *you* think of this issue (and Gwen and Miles getting together)? Let us know! Plus we’ve got a new logo!
- 25:42 – ????
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- The Ringer! First Ultimate appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man #91 (2006); First Miles battle in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #8 (2012)
- Bendis’ comments about the Miles-Gwen crossover covers
- Spider-Man #14: That logo looks familiar…
- Who knew that today’s artists cite Mortal Kombat (the 1995 movie) as an influence?
- The Terminator : Arrival scene
- Doctor Who 2010 Title Sequence
- Thanks to Diana for our logo!
- Amazing Spider-Talk’s discussion of The Death of Spider-Man
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast; Inter-Comics Patreon
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our recap music courtesy of Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!