Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
This is it! Brian and Jack reflect on the passing of Gwen’s co-creator Steve Ditko, consider the latest casting announcement for the Spider-Verse film, and take a closer look at Spider-Gwen #34, reflecting on how the series finale ties its themes together with a layered heart-to-heart between our hero and *her* hero.
- 0:00 – Intro; Steve Ditko; Spider-Verse movie casting news
- 7:35 – Spider-Gwen #34 – After playing a marathon rock concert, Team Spider-Gwen unplugs to close the show with a thoughtful acoustic number. Miles’ finale similarities. The payoff of the long-awaited Stacy reunion. Owning your identity when life redefines it for you (and keeping yourself honest). Ideas we’d have liked to liked to have seen more of. Our personal high points (and not-as-high points) for the overall series.
- 40:22 – Our three word summaries of the series.
- 42:06 – Outro; What did *you* think of the series finale? Let us know! And coming up…what’s in store for Episode 100?
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Reviews for Spider-Gwen #34
- RIP Steve Ditko
- In Search of Steve Ditko documentary
- Amazing Spider-Talk Ditko tribute episode
- Nicolas Cage joins Into The Spider-Verse as Spider-Man Noir
- Nicolas Cage loses his **** (NSFW language!)
- Join the Amazing Spider-Slack! From our friends at the Amazing Spider-Talk podcast!
- Brian visits the Untold Talks of Spider-Man podcast
- “NAO SWEATCH TO KRYP-TO-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIGHT???”
Also check out:
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: The Super 8-Bit Power Hour; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our “Mary Janes” style theme and recap music by Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Spotify
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org!