(Recorded February 18, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian, Kyle, and Jack share an interesting Brian Michael Bendis Q&A excerpt about Miles’s reaction to Danika’s video and check in with Spider-Man #13! Plus, your feedback!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:42 – A cool Q&A opportunity: Brian asks Bendis about introducing the topic of race in Spider-Man #2.
- 8:23 – Spider-Man #13 – The challenge of maintaining momentum while shifting narrative styles. Jefferson-65 is the Scorpion…but is that not enough to carry the issue?
- 19:40 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Man #13.
- 20:20 – Kyle Presents: Listener Feedback. What could Miles and Gwen’s kiss *really* be about? Is Miles due for a major push to tie in with his upcoming movie? We kick around ideas for worthy hypothetical successors to the writers’ chairs. Is it time for a Miles Annual?
- 30:57 – Outro. What did *you* think of this issue (and Gwen and Miles getting together)? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Superior Spider-Talk’s review of Spider-Man #13
- Midtown Comics Q&A with Brian Michael Bendis (and who’s that handsome fellow in the second row?)
- Brian’s personal response to that moment in Spider-Man #2
- John Fashanu: AWOOGA
- Doctor Who Mega Power-Up Kiss
- A slightly more mature summary of Spider-Man Reign
- Miles guests in The Unbelievable Gwenpool#5
- Mark Waid talks about writing Archie
- Jason Reynolds (plus: info on his upcoming Miles novel and our sneak peek of the first few chapters)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Ta-Nahesi Coates talks about writing Black Panther
- Matt Fraction
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast; Inter-Comics Patreon
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our recap music courtesy of Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!