(Recorded January 21, 2017)
(Cover and variants! Clockwise: Robbi Rodriguez; Dave Johnson; David Marquez; June Brigman)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian, Kyle, and Jack discuss the announcement of Miles’ cinematic debut and his first date with Gwen in Spider-Gwen #16!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 0:00 -Miles on his way to the big screen! Is it a good thing that he’s walled off from the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
- 6:30 – Spider-Gwen #16 – Skipping the obvious while landing on what was in plain sight all along! Establishing a genuine bond between the characters. Do readers not follow crossovers anymore? A theory about the cliffhanger (hoping it’s not a spoiler, but we wouldn’t mind if it turns out to be right).
- 26:59 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Gwen #16.
- 27:10 – Outro. What did *you* think of this issue (and Gwen and Miles getting together)? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Miles confirmed as lead for Spider-Man animated film!
- Superior Spider-Talk’s review of Spider-Gwen #16
- Rise of the Guardians
- Ultimate Spider-Man #85: The Black Cat discovers Peter’s age
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast; Inter-Comics Patreon
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our recap music courtesy of Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org!