(Recorded July 29, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian and Jack welcome comedian and writer Riley Silverman to help take a closer look at the chaotic drama of Spider-Gwen #22. Plus, your thoughts on this issue!
- 0:00 – Intro; Welcoming Riley. Navigating online discourse about comics. Earth-65 vs. the Ultimate Universe. The occasional trickiness of keeping Spider-Gwen‘s characters in order.
- 7:16 – Spider-Gwen #22 – A story about great power and great accountability. It just got real. Friendship parallels (Gwen/Harry; Kitty/Logan; Jean/George) and owning your choices. Tricky pacing for a tricky fight (including a tricky art transition). The best cliffhanger or the BEST cliffhanger?
- 29:48 – Our (and your) three-word summaries of Spider-Gwen #22; George as Uncle Ben?
- 33:32 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- All-New Amazing Spider-Talk podcast
- Riley’s on Sy-Fy (and her Gwen article)
- Riley on Twitter
- Riley’s Doctor Who podcast: The Regenerates
- Superior Spider-Talk: Brian’s advance spoiler-free review of the novel Miles Morales: Spider-Man by Jason Reynolds
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s new (and noteworthy) show: The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!