(Recorded April 8, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian, Kyle, and Jack discuss Spider-Man #15, a powerful issue that welcomes a new artist and seems to signals a bold new direction for the book. We also share some of your feedback on this issue, as well as reactions and coverage of our recent interview with Brian Michael Bendis, and talk a little bit about what’s in store for Miles later in 2017!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:57 – Bendis interview recap! Did that actually happen? What’s in store for 2017?
- 7:18 – Spider-Man #15 – A dark issue sets a strong tone for a new story (and a new direction?); Exciting art; Maybe nothing really will be the same again!; A new villain and realizing the long-awaited promise of street-level Spider-Man; Ganke’s new crush; Where do we go from here?
- 34:28 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Man #15
- 36:05 – Listener Feedback
- 38:54 – Outro. What did *you* think of this issue (and where Miles could go next)? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Our BENDIS interview!
- Coverage of our interview:
- Ivan Kander’s Miles Morales fan film
- Our interview with Ivan
- Ivan’s new Marvel fan film: Von Doom
- “The Fade Out” a noir classic by Ed Brubaker and Sean Philips
- Szymon Kudranski’s b/w preview art of Spider-Man #15
- Ron Simmons
- Mission Impossible self-destruct
- Frog Man
- Turning Heel
- Bart’s Brother
- Preview art by Oscar Bazaldua from Spider-Man #16
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Kyle talks Wrestlemania!
- Jack’s website; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast; Inter-Comics Patreon;
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our recap music courtesy of Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!