(Recorded June 19, 2016)
Now that the crossover is done, Kyle, Jack, and Brian return to catch up with Gwen’s new status quo in the fantastic Radioactive Spider-Gwen #9.
- 0:00 – Intro; Recap of Brian’s interview with Spider-Gwen co-creator/writer Jason Latour
- 5:12 – Recap of Radioactive Spider-Gwen #9
- 6:35 – Discussion: How beautiful is this art? Brian has some, er, choice words. A story about loneliness and friendship. No worries for Jack the straight white guy. The evolution of Frank Castle. Considering the implications of Gwen’s weapon of choice. Kyle attempts to wrap up the episode and needs to reboot. Speculating on future villains and plot arcs.
- 35:05 – Your thoughts on this issue; Outro
- 38:34 – ?
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Brian’s review of Radioactive Spider-Gwen #9 at Superior Spider-Talk
- It’s a New Day, Yes It Is!
- Eddy Grant – Electric Avenue
- Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Kraven’s Last Hunt podcast
- The 1990s Spider-Man cartoon
Also check out:
- Kyle on Twitter
- Kyle’s site: Nerds Unchained. Interested in writing for the site? Just let Kyle know!
- Jack on Twitter; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast
- Brian’s site
- Our opening theme and recap music courtesy of Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
Jack and Kyle’s intense pre-show deliberations on who will handle this week’s recap segment
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you send us an mp3 with a comment or question, we’ll feature it in the show!