Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian and Jack take a look at Part 5 of Spider-Men II, a miniseries that managed to hit some high notes despite falling short of its potential. We discuss the surprises (good and not so great) in a finale that we found to be an ultimately frustrating one. Plus, your feedback on this issue and what could be next for Miles!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:51 – Spider-Men II #5 – The long-awaited confrontation fizzles out at the end. A beautifully executed mission statement is undermined by having been echoed elsewhere. A welcome but ultimately head-scratching surprise, and questions for the future…plus unanswered questions throughout the miniseries. How long can Miles’ new direction really last and an idea on how five words of dialogue might have helped “fix” this series.
- 29:10 – Our three word summaries of the issue.
- 32:22 – Listener Feedback: Reactions to this issue and looking toward the future.
- 38:52 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue and the miniseries? Let us know! And coming up…
- 42:01 – ????
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Reviews for Spider-Men II #5
- Bendis names his last issues for Marvel
- Bendis on the surprise collaboration in the Spider-Men II finale
- Our conversation about Generations
- Our conversation about Ultimate End
- Mr. Negative
- Pre-order the digital trade of Spider-Men II at a steal
- The Last Jedi: “This is not going to go…”
- Doctor Who #13 arrives!
- Ultimates 2 by Al Ewing
Also check out:
- Superior Spider-Talk
- All-New Amazing Spider-Talk podcast
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!