Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian and Jack welcome Superior Spider-Talk’s Jaleh Najafali back to the show to discuss a noir-style turn for the Gwenom arc and its implications for our hero and her family in Spider-Gwen #27!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:28 – Spider-Gwen #27 – Guest artists Veronica Fish and Olivia Margraf capture the spirit of the series, seamlessly anchored by the colors of Rico Renzi; An interesting parallel between George and Ben. Can anyone even come close to Matt as a villain? Gwen as a proactive vs. reactive character. A wild card theory about Ben’s future.
- 21:01 – Our three word summaries of the issue.
- 22:27 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know! And coming up…
- 26:02 – ????
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
Also check out:
- Jaleh at Superior Spider-Talk and on Twitter and Instagram
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!; Guesting on Kyle’s podcast Booking on the Fly
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our “Mary Janes” opening theme by Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Our “Gwenom” opening theme – Discipline by Nine Inch Nails (released under Creative Commons)
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org!