(Recorded September 17, 2016)
In this episode, Brian rejoins Kyle and Jack just in time for Miles to join the events of Civil War II. Unfortunately, we’re not exactly thrilled about it and talk about the reasons why the issue didn’t work for us. There’s also the bigger question…was bringing Miles into the main Marvel universe a good idea?
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:02 – Spider-Man #8: Two stories in one, with neither being particularly satisfying. Empty sentiments, padded scenes, not connecting with art. Will Miles always be a passive character in his own series? Why did he need to “come over” while Gwen-65 (and now 1987 married Peter) are free to do their own thing?
- 32:53 – Our three-word summaries. What do *you* think? Let us know!
- 35:10 – Outro. Want to review Miles and Gwen for Superior Spider-Talk? Get in touch with the team!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Brian’s review of Spider-Man #8 at Superior Spider-Talk
- Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Renew Your Vows: The Series!
Also check out:
- Kyle on Twitter
- Kyle’s site: Nerds Unchained. Interested in writing for the site? Just let Kyle know!
- Jack on Twitter; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast
- Brian’s site
- Our opening theme courtesy of Kevin D. Hartnell
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you send us an mp3 with a comment or question, we’ll feature it in the show!