(Recorded July 16, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian, Kyle, and Jack welcome Superior Spider-Talk’s Dan Gvozden to discuss the long-awaited Spider-Men II #1. After five years and a radically different Marvel landscape, is it too late for this sequel? Why is there suddenly tension between Peter and Miles (and Jack and Kyle)? Plus, your thoughts on this issue!
- 0:00 – Intro; Dan tells us more about the relaunch of the Amazing Spider-Talk podcast.
- 4:16 – Spider-Men II #1 – Untangling the post-Secret Wars continuity mess. Peter Parker, you are a jerk! Miles’ legitimacy as Spider-Man is questioned (again). A brief throwback to classic Ultimate-style storytelling. Art highlights and our theories on Mr. Morales.
- 42:13 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Men II #1 and your thoughts on this issue!
- 48:09 – Tensions simmering as our outro section is reaching boiling point. What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- All-New Amazing Spider-Talk podcast
- Secret Wars
- Our discussion of Ultimate End and the original Spider-Men miniseries
- Brian’s review of Cataclysm
- Armadillo 101
- Miles visits Amazing Spider-Man (and Brian visits Amazing Spider-Talk)
- Our interview with Brian Michael Bendis
- Ultimate Peter gives Miles the Ultimate Seal of Approval
- Griff and Biff
- Superior Spider-Talk: Brian’s advance spoiler-free review of the novel Miles Morales: Spider-Man by Jason Reynolds
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s new (and noteworthy) show: The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!