(Recorded September 10, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian and Jack catch up with an unusual turn of events for Miles as he heads to Japan in Spider-Man #20!
- 0:00 – Intro: Slight confusion over the cover story.
- 2:56 – Spider-Man #20 – Taking a vacation; A familiar plot framework; The “Bendis-Verse” makes for more satisfying crossovers; Stunning artwork (that tiny Miles over Tokyo!); Clever scripting makes for an entertaining fight sequence; Cliffhanger hopes and preferring the unknown over the familiar.
- 21:19 – Jack raises the bar on our three-word summaries of Spider-Man #20.
- 22:25 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know!; And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Review of Spider-Man #20 at Superior Spider-Talk
- Review of Spider-Man #20 at Black Nerd Problems
- Our discussion of Spider-Gwen #23
- Miles vs. Hammerhead scene revisited in Defenders #4
- New(ish) villain: Tomoe
- Infamous Iron Man
- Invincible Iron Man
- Superior Spider-Man
- Miles Davis
- Jefferson Davis
- Our interview with Jason Reynolds, author of Miles Morales: Spider-Man
- Amazing Spider-Talk Episode 5: The Bad Guys
Also check out:
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org!