(Recorded September 2, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian and Jack take a break from the “Predators” arc and check out a night in the life of Spider-Gwen’s band The Mary Janes, as they take the spotlight in Spider-Gwen #23!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:08 – Spider-Gwen #23 – GWENOM has arrived! So it’s a perfect time to switch gears for a story about Gwen’s band. Fortunately, the change of pace (and creative team!) manages to be all kinds of awesome. A fresh take highlights the trickier parts of friendship, dealing with “nice guys”, and finishes loud, proud, and strong.
- 21:26 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Gwen #23
- 22:14 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know!; And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Jordan Calhoun’s review of Spider-Gwen #23 at Black Nerd Problems
- Family Feud
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Spidey-Zine
- Amazing Spider-Man #25 (March 2017; Hannah Blumenreich’s Marvel debut)
- Nice Guys
- Scott Pilgrim
- Jem and the Holograms
- Riley Silverman on Sy-Fy (and her Gwen article)
- The Mary Janes (aka Married With Sea Monsters)
- Black Canary EP
Also check out:
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s interview with Miles Morales: Spider-Man author Jason Reynolds
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our “Mary Janes”-style opening theme by Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!