(Recorded February 6, 2016)
The moment has finally arrived! Brian, Kyle, and Jack check out Miles Morales’ long awaited (third) debut in Spider-Man #1! Plus enter to win a special variant cover edition!
- 0:00 – Intro; Welcoming Jack to the show
- 2:00 – Spider-Man #1 basic recap; Miles’ third debut: Reboot or Take Two?; Ganke’s eyebrows
- 5:39 – Sara Pichelli’s evolving style; transitioning back from David Marquez’s approach; Kyle can’t draw (and is he a Ganke or a Miles?)
- 13:00 – Miles’ parents, racial politics, and addressing his mixed heritage and minority experience: Is now finally the right time?
- 20:25 – Spider-Man vs. Blackheart: Is the Venom Sting too much? Kyle and Jack learn about the classic If This Be My Destiny.
- 29:27 – The cliffhanger; Kyle almost breaks the podcast
- 35:31 – Giveaway Contest! Tell us what you think of the Venom Sting and win a variant edition of Spider-Man #1!
- 37:02 – Wrap-up; Help us with theme music?; Outro
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Brian’s review of Spider-Man #1 at Superior Spider-Talk
- EW Interview about Spider-Man #1 with Brian Michael Bendis
- Chasing Amazing: If This Be My Destiny
- Superior Spider-Talk Patreon
- Dead Letters by Chris Visions
Also check out:
- Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast
- Kyle’s site: Nerds Unchained. Interested in writing for the site? Just let Kyle know!
- Our opening theme: Disruptor by Kevin D. Hartnell
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com! If you send us an mp3, we’ll feature it in the show!