Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Jack and Brian take a look at the drama and surprises in Spider-Man #234! Lots of plot points to keep track of, but is everything balanced successfully? Plus, your listener feedback and a chance to win a digital copy of Spider-Man Homecoming!
- 0:00 – Intro; How did we jump to from #21 to #234?
- 4:21 – Spider-Man #234 – HE’S BACK. What could this mean for Miles and his family? Jack has a grim prediction. The family ties that bind for more than one of our heroes. Silent Heroism. Is Barbara’s new status a disservice to her character? Great high school drama, but too compressed?
- 24:45 – Our three-word summaries of this issue.
- 26:10 – Your feedback on this issue.
- 33:00 – Listener-suggested soundtrack picks for Spider-Man #234 (see below). Brian covers Run The Jewels (really).
- 35:54 – CONTEST! Think of a new name for The Sinister Six and win a digital copy of Spider-Man Homecoming!
- 38:20 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know! And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Reviews for Spider-Man #234
- Spot 101
- Spot’s appearances in Mark Waid’s Daredevil and in the Bendis-Verse’s Jessica Jones
- Bombshell’s debut in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #2
- Kadir Nelson’s cover for Miles Morales: Spider-Man
Soundtrack for Spider-Man #234 (from listener Lawrence Minor II):
- “Thieves! (Screamed the Ghost)” (feat. Tunde Adebimpe) – Run The Jewels
- “Lie, Cheat, Steal” – Run The Jewels
- “Mr. Brightside” – The Killers
Also check out:
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!