(Recorded February 25, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian, Jack, and Kyle jump back to Earth-616 to keep up with our new Spider-Couple in Spider-Gwen #17! Plus, your feedback!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:41 – Spider-Gwen #17 – Framing the story vs. telling it. A focus on character vs. spectacle (similar to 2016’s Spider-Women crossover). A third wheel on a second date? Our heroes unmasking: Scripting or Artistic call? Despite the initial fan reaction, is the whole “romance angle” despite fan reaction much ado about nothing?
- 17:50 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Gwen #17
- 19:09 – Listener Feedback: More thoughts on potential creative voices
- 21:46 – Outro. What did *you* think of this issue (and Gwen and Miles getting together)? Let us know!
- 25:10 – ???
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Miles and Kamala’s flirting (?) in Spider-Man #3
- All-New Ultimates
- THE KIRBY CRACKLE
- Spider-Man #14 cover ; the original ASM Annual (Superior Spider-Talk’s discussion of that issue) ; and fun tribute commission by Chris Giarusso
- David F. Walker on Comixology (Power Man and Iron Fist, Shaft)
- Author Daniel José Older
- Chris Hastings on Comixology (Gwenpool, Dr. McNinja)
- Kelly Thompson on Comixology (A-Force, Hawkeye)
- Jeph Jacques’ Questionable Content
- Danielle Corsetto’s Girls With Slingshots
- David Willis’ Dumbing of Age
- Author Charlie Jane Anders
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast; Inter-Comics Patreon;
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Our recap music courtesy of Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!