(Recorded July 2, 2017)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, Brian, Kyle, and Jack talk about the GWENOM revelation (and what it might it mean for the future), consider a recent fan essay on Spider-Gwen‘s storylines, and catch up with part 3 of the Predators arc as the walls close in on our hero in Radioactive Spider-Gwen #21.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:32 – GWENOM is finally revealed, and was worth the wait! Speculating on what the symbiote’s impending arrival might mean for the future of the series. And Marvel Legacy changes up the numbering in a big way for Miles…but does it matter?
- 11:18 – “Can Spider-Gwen Be Saved From Her Own Storylines?” – We discuss some of the ideas raised in a recent fan critique about the series.
- 17:43 – Radioactive Spider-Gwen #21 – Not wild about Harry. Gwen’s backed into a corner. The future of Dad Cop? Our respective favorite panels from this issues and what we loved about them (Kyle’s, Jack’s, Brian’s).
- 31:56 – Our three-word summaries of Radioactive Spider-Gwen #21.
- 32:50 – Outro. Your iTunes reviews! What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know!
GWENOM character design by Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez, and Rico Renzi
The Venomous Spider-Gwen by Jason Latour
Khary Randolph’s Spider-Gwen VENOM variant cover homage to Amazing Spider-Man #316 by Todd McFarlane
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Jordan Calhoun’s review of Spider-Gwen #21 at Black Nerd Problems
- Finn Balor – Venom
- Robbi Rodriguez’s WWE variant
- Circle of Life
- Robbi’s original retirement announcement
- Marvel Legacy
- Bombshell joins the Sinister Six?
- Great Khali
- Daft Punk
- Southern Bastards
- The Wire
- Rey Mysterio
- All-New Amazing Spider-Talk podcast
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s new show: The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!