(Recorded December 31, 2016)
Haven’t read them yet? Pick up these issues today at Comixology!
(Spider-Gwen #15 and Spider-Man #11)
In this episode, Brian and Jack are joined by fellow Gwen fan Jordan Calhoun, writer and editor at BlackNerdProblems.com to catch up with the latest Spider-Gwen holiday story and Jefferson’s return to SHIELD, look back at the highs and lows of Gwen and Miles’ 2016, and share thoughts on their upcoming interdimensional romance.
- 0:00 – Intro; Welcoming Jordan.
- 3:56 – Spider-Gwen #15 – The holiday trilogy ends the year on a high as the series gets back on track. Evil characters kiss differently. A closer look at the “throwaway” characters. The reward of risk. Can the Gwen & Miles thing be more than a gimmick? Jordan creates an editing challenge.
- 28:44 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Gwen #15.
- 30:11 – Spider-Man #11 – Jack celebrates the end of crossovers as the narrative shifts to Miles’ dad in a story that leaves us feeling like we’re killing time until next month’s crossover. Stunning art from Sara Pichelli. Back on track (sort of), but were there missed opportunities?
- 44:25 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Man #11.
- 45:40 – Overall, 2016 was a great year for both Gwen and Miles! We share our highlights.
- 54:21 – Outro. What do *you* think of these stories (and Gwen and Miles getting together)? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Jordan’s review of Spider-Gwen #15
- Black Nerd Problems’ review of Spider-Man #11
- Superior Spider-Talk’s review of Spider-Gwen #15
- The original Jefferson story in Miles Morales #8 (Brian’s review and our podcast episode)
- DC’s Forever Evil
- Whatever happened to Year One of the Spider-Men sequel?
Also check out:
- Jordan on Twitter
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast; Inter-Comics Patreon
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com! If you send us an mp3 with a comment or question, we’ll feature it in the show!