Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
Miles’ Japanese adventure concludes and Jack and Brian consider what it means for the future as they discuss the spectacular Spider-Man #21!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:44 – Spider-Man #21 – The cover needs to be an animated series. Things heat up for Miles & Tomoe. Aaron wasn’t all that bad. Jefferson is Super Dad. The magic of Jackie Chan and we disagree about the fight resolution. DAD JOKE WARNING: What could this series be called if Miles hangs up the webs?
- 18:47 – Listener Feedback: Thoughts on this issue, the Bendis-Verse, and Kyle’s return (sort of).
- 26:17 – Our three-word summaries of this issue.
- 21:19 – A listener offers including soundtrack picks for Spider-Man #21 (see below) and Jack tries to avoid copyright strikes.
- 28:58 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know! And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Review of Spider-Man #21 at Superior Spider-Talk
- Kill Bill: The Bride vs. The Crazy 88s
- Jackie Chan in The Legend of Drunken Master
- Dragon Ball Z Fusion Dance
- The John Darwin Disappearance Case
- More Bendis-Verse Contenders: Uncanny X-Men and Riri Williams
Soundtrack for Spider-Man #21 (from listener Lawrence Minor II):
- “Sharp Dressed Man” by ZZ Top
- “Kodo (Inside The Sun Remix)” – Yoshida Brothers
- “Secret Agent Man” – Johnny Rivers
- And if you really want it, the version by Bruce Willis (really).
Also check out:
- Jack’s website; Podcasts: Inter-Comics Podcast; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!